How do healthcare providers establish a culture that encourages open reporting of adverse events and risky situations, yet hold people and organizations accountable in a just manner?
Just Culture reshapes our understanding of accountability, the role of the system, and the role of human behavior. It provides a framework to support the consistent management of operational systems and behaviors.
CPS Supports Culture Improvement
The Center for Patient Safety (CPS) recognizes a “just” culture is an important and necessary program in every healthcare organization. An accountable culture supports open communication of errors in a non-punitive environment (a “just” culture) and leads to greater improvement in patient safety. CPS recognizes and supports a model of Just/Accountable Culture as an organizational value.
Contact us to find out more about our Just/Accountable Culture education, implementation support, and training, or to get a cost estimate for your organization. We’ll determine a plan that will work best for you.
CPS Supports Open Communication of Errors in a Non-punitive Environment.
The Center for Patient Safety (CPS) recognizes a “just” culture is an important and necessary program in every healthcare organization. An accountable culture supports open communication of errors in a non-punitive environment (a “just” culture) and leads to greater improvement in patient safety.
CPS supports culture measurement as a method to evaluate communication openness and leadership ability to adopt just culture principles. What do staff think about communication in your organization?
CPS Assists with Implementation and Sustainability
Many organizations are eager to adopt a just culture program, but then feel overwhelmed. CPS can guide successful and efficient implementation that is structured to work in your unique environment.
Our implementation and sustainability plan is designed to fit any size organization, from a small EMS agency to a large health system.
- provide/analyze patient safety culture survey assessments to determine strengths and opportunities; measure improvement over time.
- provide onsite identification and consultation support to determine your unique needs.
- help to develop a realistic timeline for deployment of Just/Accountable Culture at your organization.
- provide ongoing virtual and onsite implementation and sustainability support for 6 months, one year, or more.
Every organization is different, but consultation and training costs are affordable and designed to fit your needs. We want you to be successful today, tomorrow, and in the future!
For an overview of the Just Culture development process, download our summary.
CPS Administers Just/Accountable Culture Training
Are you interested in training only, or perhaps a refresher course? We can design training to support your internal efforts.
- Introduction to Just/Accountable Culture: Would you and/or your staff like an overview of Just Culture? This is delivered in a concise and informative webinar format.
- Just/Accountable Culture Manager Training: This day-long class provides the hands-on training, tools, and resources necessary to implement Just Culture within an organization. One or more individuals from an organization can become the Champions for the program. Minimum class size is 20 people and can be taught to an entire organization or offered to several individuals from different organizations within a similar geographic location. This class is scheduled based on demand.
- Just/Accountable Culture ReEducate: Has a previous implementation plateaued or do you need support invigorating a previous implementation? We can develop a customized approach based on your needs. This starts with a phone consultation and the development of a plan specific to your organization.
Contact us for more information about implementation and sustainability programs.