March 13-19, 2016 is Patient Safety Awareness Week!
ATTENTION hospitals, LTC, EMS, pharmacies, medical offices, home care, etc!
The Center for Patient Safety is joining the National Patient Safety Foundation’s campaign for Patient Safety Awareness Week.
CPS acknowledges Safe Care is Our Focus, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 366 days a year
In recognizing the year-round efforts to improve safe care, the Center is raising awareness by providing tools and resources for healthcare providers and consumers for Patient Safety Awareness Week!
How to get started:
- Register to download the free Patient Safety Awareness Week Toolkit – a set of resources for healthcare organizations to help raise awareness about patient safety efforts. The toolkit includes a Guide with tips and suggestions along with downloadable banners, posters, postcards and more!
- Visit National Patient Safety Foundation for more information on their Patient Safety Awareness Week Campaign
- Review CPS Consumer Tips for Safe Care
- Maintain the momentum! Check out the upcoming CPS 10thAnnual Patient Safety Conference on April 7th in St. Louis, featuring David Marx as Keynote Speaker. Find more and REGISTER today!
TIPS TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE A FOCUS ON PATIENT SAFETY AT YOUR ORGANIZATION:
Tip 1 – Download the Center’s Patient Safety Awareness Week Toolkit. Post reminders throughout your facility about the importance of, and focus on, safe care!
Tip 2 – Host an event or several events to recognize patient safety efforts at your organization. For example:
- Poster presentations of your organization’s successful safety efforts
- Recognize staff and committees that work every day to provide safe care
- Have leadership, patient safety/risk/quality department and/or safety committees host events in the cafeteria with snacks or dessert or something special to celebrate safety at your organization
- Hold safety-focused training during Patient Safety Awareness Week
- Publish safety-focused articles for your organization’s internal newsletter, professional newsletters, local newspapers, local consumer groups
- Contact a local radio station to host a spokesperson to share patient safety tips and highlights
- Launch a new safety awareness effort a “good catch” program, implement a new “CUSP Team”, announce an upcoming “Safety Culture Survey”, etc.
Tip 3 – Share your safety successes by submitting a Poster Presentation for the Center’s 10th Annual Patient Safety Conference on April 7th
Tip 4 – Register to attend the Center’s 10th Annual Patient Safety Conference (CEs available)
SAMPLE EMAIL TO STAFF
(Copy and paste the following text into an email)
March 13-19, 2016 is Patient Safety Awareness Week
In collaboration with the Center for Patient Safety, our organization has made a commitment to patient safety. Together, we are placing an enhanced focus on patient safety in recognition of Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 13-19, 2016.
Although we are using this week in March to celebrate our patient safety achievements and increase awareness, safe care is our organization’s focus, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 366-days a year.
Watch for posters, flyers, and more to be displayed throughout the organization as a reminder of our enhanced focus this month!
(list any additional activities that you will host during this week)
(list a few of the safe care improvements made over the last year)
If you have questions about the Toolkit or Patient Safety Awareness Week, please contact Alex Christgen at the Center for Patient Safety: firstname.lastname@example.org | 888.935.8272