Missouri Center for Patient Safety believes transparency drives culture change. Only when senior leaders are visibly committed to change and when they enable staff to openly share safety information, will staff members be willing to report adverse events and unsafe conditions because they fear reprisals or believe reporting won’t result in any change. Senior leaders must drive the culture change by demonstrating their own commitment to safety and providing a “safe” environment for reporting. Read the white paper written by Becky Miller, MOCPS Executive Director, and Susan Kendig, JD, MSN, WHNP-BC, FAANP, titled, “Patient Safety Organizations and Transparency: Working Together to Improve Patient Safety,” now available at www.mocps.org.
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Missouri Just Culture Collaborative
- Missouri Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Month
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Missouri HEN (#mohen)
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?