Recent tornadoes like the EF-2 which ripped through Branson, Missouri, at 130 mph and others affecting several other states in the Midwest caused millions of dollars in damage, lives lost and even hospitals damaged. And that was in February.
Harrisburg (IL) Medical Center, located about 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, was struck by a powerful tornado that damaged the facility, luckily not before the hospital was able to move patients to safety in interior areas.
It is imperative that we learn lessons from our colleagues who have experienced such tragedies. Join MOCPS at the Conquering Chaos conference with our Keynote Panel from St. Johns in Joplin – the Joplin experience: maintaining the focus – safety during chaos — Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at Stoney Creek Inn 2601 South Providence Road, Columbia, Missouri.
• Examine successful disaster preparedness strategies, challenges, and learning to maintain patient and staff safety during and after disasters
• Describe the impact of human factors on patient care
• Discuss the importance of teamwork and communication in providing safe care
• Examine how proven successful safety practices can be replicated
• Discuss with industry leaders safety-of-care issues, applicable to any healthcare setting
Executives, senior managers, physicians, nurses, and clinicians from any healthcare setting who lead or manage organizations and individuals involved in providing clinical care, pay for care or establish healthcare policy. Leaders from health system, hospital, home health, nursing home, pharmacy and other provider organizations, and those from health plans, employers, insurers, and regulators will benefit from attending this conference.